Expansive Army spending across the world, India in top 5 countries also included:
International Desk: The army’s expenditure has increased a lot in the world. The global expenditure has reached $ 1,739 billion. The special thing is that India and China have joined the world’s top five countries to spend on defense. 60 percent of the cost spent by the top five countries on defense is defense spending of these two countries. It has been reported in the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute’s report in Sweden. India is increasing the defense budget …
– According to the institute, the defense budget has been growing steadily for the past two decades. US, China, Saudi Arabia, Russia and India remain on top of military expenditure.
According to the report, in 2017, China spent an estimated $ 228 billion on defense, which is 48 percent of total defense expenditure in Asia and Oceania region.
At the same time, India spent $ 63.9 billion on defense in 2017, which is 5.5 percent more than 2016. This is 45 percent more than in 2008.
– Compared to Senior Research Simone, working with SIPRI, due to the growing tension from India’s China and Pakistan, he is raising his military expenditure. India has been engaged in modernizing the army and increasing its capacity.
One-third of the world’s total military expenditure
– America’s Defense budget at the top of the list was $ 610 billion in 2017. It is more than one-third of the world’s military expenditure. However, this has not changed in the last two years.
According to the report, US military expenditure is 2.7 times higher than the number two ranked in this list. China’s military expenditure is 3.6 times higher than India.
Russia reduces defense spending
– On the other hand, Russia’s defense spending in this list decreases for the first time since 1998. Russia’s defense spending in 2017 was $ 66.3 billion, which is 20 percent less than in 2016.
– Compete against Simon, the Modernization of the Military is still one of the military’s priorities. But since the country faces economic difficulties since 2014, there is a ban on increasing the military budget.